Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Featured Website - Planescape Online

The Planescape Online website has been a labor of love. Since the beginning of my time at Conestoga College, in the Web Design and Development program, I have been working very hard on this personal project.
I'm happy to announce that the website is now in regular use (by my friends and I), and we're quite happy with how it works!
To understand exactly what this website is capable of, it helps to know what the basic idea of a table-top role playing game is. The Planescape Online site was named after a Dungeons&Dragons campaign setting.
Table-top role playing games have complex rule systems that can easily fill 400 page books. Translating the Pathfinder role playing game system into an online web-based system has been challenging, and a lot of fun. It's an ongoing process.




One of the more interesting aspects of Planescape Online is the encounter page, because it has a battle-map that I designed using Flash AS3. You can click on the characters on this mini-map and move them about using the arrow keys on the keyboard. It's a neat little feature that will surely see improvement and additional features as I continue to work on the site.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Delicious Digg Stumbleupon Favorites